Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 October 2007 08:28:03 Fajar Priyanto wrote:
>> Wow, all of these suggestions looks very interesting. So far they are (in
>> no particular order):
>> - basket http://basket.kde.org/
>> - kjots, gjots
>> - elog http://midas.psi.ch/elog
>> - zim
>> - tuxcards
>>
>> I'm overwhelmed by all of those choices :) I guess I'll spend my weekend
>> evaluating them.
>> Many thanks.
>
> Sorry for the late posting. I want to inform you that finally I
> choose "Basket" (http://basket.kde.org/) for these reasons:
> 1. Integrated to Kmail which I have been using for years.
> 2. Reasonably fast in opening my "3 years" of personal logs.
> 3. Very nice user interface
>
> The only missing feature is the "highlight" of search results.

        I will 2nd Basket. I used Kedit for years, then kjots. Kedit is
obviously old school, Kjots is fantastic, but lacks any meaningful way
of moving your files from computer to computer. Basket is kjots on
steroids. It's group feature that allows you to collapse groups of
information in an 'outline' manner is great. The publish to html works
great as well and doesn't suffer kjots limitation of little or no
formatting.

Hope this helps

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.