Hans Linux wrote:
> i forgot my suse 10.0 root password. what should i do? there are many
> info i found with google, but doesnt work. is there any easy way to
> reset the password?

I know two ways, first goes like this:

1. reboot the box and for the options run "init=/bin/bash"
2. when you get the system prompt type "mount -o remount,rw /"
3. then just reset the password by typing "passwd"

Second method:

At the boot screen (GRUB), type an 'E', then highlight the line
containing 'kernel' and press 'E' again. At the end of the line add a
space and then:

init=/bin/bash

Press 'Enter' and then 'B' (to boot). You will be dumped in a single
user command line where you can simply enter:

passwd

and change it to whatever, then reboot.

--
Vahis