On Tuesday 23 October 2007 19:19, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 06:06, G T Smith wrote:
> > Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> > I would go with the HP vote... all in one if the budget
> > can take the strain....
>
> so if you have access to a black and white laser printer,
> and it works with your OS, it will be a lot cheaper to
> print things.

I went with the HP vote a month ago and bought an
HPLaserjet1018 from Tigerdirect for $130 without checking
the driver situation.
Much to my surprise the HP website said they don't support
Linux.
I found a site www.linuxprinting.org that has  drivers for
that series. After five hours of rereading the instructions
I got it to work.
I make beautiful copies of music from Lilypond.
Suse 10.0.

Marty