On 10/24/07, peter nikolic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Having just tried touse 10.3  on the laptop i use for presentations every
> second week  i found last night  that i can no longer switch between the
> built in display and the large screen display i use at the club .
>
> This has always worked flawlessly under 10.2  using the  Fn+F4 keys to switch
> as per keyboard   .
>
> Laptop is an Compaq Presario V5030  Turion 64 bit   with pesky ATI M200
> graphics chip  ..
>

> Ideas   please      needed working for   Tuesday 13th november  ..

I found out that on my Dell the Fn-F8 combo works only while the boot
screen is present. If once the kdm kicks in, this combo no longer
works. And if I switch while on boot screen, the kdm becomes broken,
and X does not start. I have no idea why.

But the next thing I found out is, that if I boot the laptop while the
second monitor (projector) is connected, it will boot initially only
on the build-in screen, but when kdm (X) starts, it will display on
both of them.

And yes, with 10.2, I was able to use fn-F8 whenever I wanted to.

So, you may try to connect the projector and then boot, and see if
this workaround works for you.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.