Am 25.10.2007 um 14:58 schrieb Sebastian Brandt:

Felix Schäfer wrote:
We just received a brand new server, and I just spent several hours
trying to install OpenSuse on it, but couldn't get it to. The Hardware
is a Fujitsu-Siemens Primergy RX330 S1 (product page here
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/products/standard_servers/rack/ primergy_rx330s1.html
),

Is it possible the problem is somewhere else entirely ...
cpu, board, ram, etc.?
Did you manage to boot *any* operating system on the machine, e.g., windows,
the memtest option from the opensuse dvd, etc.?

Well, it seems the hardware only works with SLES or RH, or at least that's what a colleague told me, and it says so on FSC's Website (although it's hard to get there...), so a SLES it will be. Thanks anyway,

Felix Schäfer--