On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 21:51 +0200, Aniruddha wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 15:14 -0500, Bryen wrote:
> > Try Edit --> Plugins --> Then Uncheck the "Automatic Plugins" option.
> >
> > --
> > ---Bryen---
> >

> Thanks! That worked for me. However this is still a bug though,
> disabling the plugin was never a requirement before. Turning the option
> off used to be enough.

I don't know if that's considered a bug or what.  I just noticed myself
that certain options in preferences are not adhered to.  Apparently,
plugins take precedence over any corresponding similar options in
preferences, but they do not link to plugin options.

For example, just now, I noticed that in Mail Preferences > New Mail
Notifications, the option is set to not notify me of new mail.  However,
I always do get notifications, because the mail notification plugin is
enabled.

More of a "one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing"
situation.  I'd term this more of an enhancement request than a bug.
--
---Bryen---