Kai Ponte wrote:
> I was just trying to open a file in order to make a spreadsheet. (It is a
> comma-delimited file which is the result of a sql query.)
>
> I can't seem to open a spreadsheet in OpenOffice. I try and make a new file,
> try to open Excel files and all I get is some chart tool.

Hi!
Starting from 2.3.x, opensuse (or ooffice.org?) splits OpenOffice into a
bunch of rpms. If you install OpenOffice.org, you only have the common base,
and one of the less important "products".

Search for openoffice in the package mangement, and install all that appear
sensible ... starting from OpenOffice_org-calc-*, I presume.

Hope this helps,
Sebastian

PS: Why does reply not default to the list?