On Saturday 27 October 2007 05:18:35 Steven Cai wrote:
> I am trying to install Evolution 2.12.1 from source, but the configure
> script can't find my gnome-doc-utils package. It is installed
> in /opt/gnome/share. How do I point pkg-config to this location (or
> point configure to that location)?
>
> Also, where can I find some online documentation/faq for pkg-config? The
> wiki only contains a limited archive of the mailing list.

Most packages are split into package and package-devel, so regular users don't
have to install everything needed to compile things. If you are having
problems with a build not finding package foo even when it is installed, odds
are what's really missing is foo-devel

In this case, make sure you have gnome-doc-utils-devel installed

Anders

--
Madness takes its toll