On Saturday 27 October 2007 02:54:33 jdd wrote:
> Hello :-)
>
> I'm very new regarding to WLAN...
>
> I try to configure on my brand new laptop acer 9410Z the WLAN card
> Broadcom 94311MCG.
>
> This card is seen by Yast, but I can't make it work.

I suspect this card uses the Broadcom 43xx chipset. There is a driver
included in 10.3 for this chipset, however you require the firmware to
be on your filesystem to enable the card. Fortunately there is a
package called bcm43xx-fwcutter that allows you to either download the
firmware, or rip the firmware from an appropriate windows driver. Once
you've got the firmware, then reloading the bcm43xx module should allow
your card to work.
Alternatively, you can use ndiswrapper for this card.

Jon