I have just installed SuSE 10.3
I have downloaded and trying to install the statistics
package R.
I am installing from:
/usr/local/bin/R-2.6.0
as root.
The ./configure has made some progress but now it
stops looking for X11 headers (see the following).
I cannot find where X11 has its headers (file with
extension .h)
Please, do you have ny hints ?

Thank you very much,
Maura

-- checking for cblas_cdotu_sub in vecLib framework...
no
checking iconv.h usability... yes
checking iconv.h presence... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
checking for iconv... yes
checking whether iconv accepts "UTF-8", "latin1" and
"UCS-*"... yes
checking for iconvlist... no
checking wchar.h usability... yes
checking wchar.h presence... yes
checking for wchar.h... yes
checking wctype.h usability... yes
checking wctype.h presence... yes
checking for wctype.h... yes
checking whether mbrtowc exists and is declared... yes
checking whether wcrtomb exists and is declared... yes
checking whether wcscoll exists and is declared... yes
checking whether wcsftime exists and is declared...
yes
checking whether wcstod exists and is declared... yes
checking whether mbstowcs exists and is declared...
yes
checking whether wcstombs exists and is declared...
yes
checking whether wctrans exists and is declared... yes
checking whether iswblank exists and is declared...
yes
checking whether wctype exists and is declared... yes
checking whether iswctype exists and is declared...
yes
checking for wctrans_t... yes
checking for mbstate_t... yes
checking for X... no
configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11
headers/libs are not available

Maura Edelweiss M.