On 10.3 the DVD repair option is broken; have you tried the failsafe option at boot up time?

Martin Byttebier wrote:
Hello,

This morning my desktop pc running in dualboot XP/OpenSuse 10.3 refused
to boot up under openSuse. The boot goes as far as:
/dev/sda10 on /home type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)
NTFS driver 2.1.28 [flags: R/W module]
NTFS Volume version 3.1

after this nothing happens anymore unless I hit the [prt scr] buttom.
If I hit that buttom the bootprocess goes further but stops at random
points. At that point the only thing I can do is switch of the pc.

I can boot up XP without problem.

Is there a way to force the system to boot or to repair it?

TIA,
Martin