Am Sonntag, 4. November 2007 17:07:24 schrieb Robert Lewis:
> Going back through the last 5 versions of SUSE
> I  have observed this same problem with the screen saver.
> I am currently on 10.2 and about to go to 10.3
>
> I have the screen saver set for random (more interesting that way)
> to start after 4-minutes of idle time.  I have: Use OpenGL screen savers
> and Use screen savers that manipulate the screen clicked on.
> Also, somewhere, I have it set to just go dark/blank after about
> 10-minutes.
>
> Every once in awhile (sometimes a month) this fails and
> the screen just stays on.   Nothing I can think of to do works
> to restore the functionality outside of a reboot.
>
> This time I did notice that I had Firefox minimized but I am
> not sure if that has anything to do with it.
>
> Any ideas what causes this intermittent behavior?
>
> Bob

I have the same problem and simply gave up on it. When I walk away from the
computer, I manually switch off the monitor. I had thought that kplayer was
the culprit, as it seemed to happen only after I played a video, but that
only accounts for maybe 3/4 of the screensaver failures.

To bring the screensaver back to life, I open kpowersave, change some
arbitrary setting in the "screensaver & dpms" window, save the setting,
then change them back to how I had them before. Then I open the desktop
control center, got to appearance -> screensaver and do the same there.
That sometimes helps, sometimes it doesn't.

A very frustrating experience.

--
Gruß
Andreas