Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
This is really strange.  I have removed and re-installed them, but still
no success with some sites.  Probably some thing I installed is causing
it.

To figure out if this is a problem with your installation, try running Seamonkey as a different user. If it works as a different user, your (user specific) config files are messed up. If it still does not work, the problem is with the installed software.

Have you tried to launch Seamonkey/Firefox from a terminal? Do they create any output on the terminal when they disappear? Does the page work in other browsers, such as konqueror?

Regards
nordi