On Monday 05 November 2007 13:09, Fernando Benedictti wrote:
> Hi, my name is Fernando. I've installed openSuSE 10.3 last week. If i
> launch YAST and make a sound test, one speaker emit sound, the other
> not, and, when i modify the volume, i have not more sound. The
> configuration is the following:
>
>       IBM lenovo ThinkCentre
>       Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
>       Sound
>               Bus High Definition Audio
>               Manufacturer: Analog Devices
>
> Can anybody help me?
>

> Fernando.-
I had a similar problem on an HP nc6320.  The volume control lost it's driver
or was always muted at log in.  More frequently could not find the driver
although YaST sound tested perfectly.  So, I got fed up, opened YaST sound
control and deleted the current driver and automagically another driver
popped in all configured and has worked ever since.  Weird, but try deleting
the current driver and let YaST find it again.

Carl