Sorry if this is a bit OT, or not Suse specific, but I have tried the
Mozilla forums and not had any success, so thought I would try the
brains here....
Have Suse 10.3 64bit installed, and tried installing Lightning (the
Thunderbird Calendar Add-On - looks promising!). No error messages but
comes up with no calendar file. When trying to create a new calendar,
gets to the name and colour dialogue, but won't go any further. I am
not using the default Thunderbird profile location, as I access the
data from several OSs on the same PC If I move the data to the default
location, Lightning works fine, but when moved back to my normal
location, again there is no calendar.....
Have also tried this on another PC with Suse 10.2 32bit being the only
OS, but again with data not in the default location, and get the same
result....
Have tested in Vista (on the same machine), and pointing to the same
set of Thunderbird folders, it works, but going back in to linux, it
still doesn't work, even though I know I have a valid calendar file in
my folders. So it would appear that this is a Linux problem with moved
folders?
The original install of Thunderbird was from the Mozilla site
(thunderbird-2.0.0.6), just untarred and ran thunderbird. Have tried
using Smart to download and install both the 64bit and 32bit versions,
and have the same result with both, after uninstalling and
reinstalling the lightning.xpi. Sounds like a bug in the XPI, but has
anybody using this in a similar config, or had any luck, or
otherwise??
Appears that if you move your Thunderbird data location, Lightning
won't work?? Any ideas?