Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 7. November 2007 schrieb Matthew Stringer:

Despite having all settings I can see set to 4 desktops it always shows
16 of them on the task bar which is a bit pointless and takes up almost
the bar.
[...]

Same here. Very annoying.

Give "dcop kicker kicker restart" (KDE 3) a try.

Try Configure Desktop -> Multiple Desktops -> Number of desktops = 1.
That's the solution I found either via google, docs or the Compiz wiki.

If you want say, more than 4 desktops, start CompizConfig Settings Manager. General Options -> Desktop Size tab and change the Horizontal Virtual Size to 6. (or whatever # you need)

Dana
--
A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. - Frank Zappa