Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
> Thank you very much.
> I did that. Still R GUI for SUSE 10.3 does not work.
>
> Regards,
> maura

Hi Maura,

in case your problem persists,
what is your java version on your machine?
Find out with ex. "rpm -qa |grep java"

if you are getting multiple java packages or multiple versions of one
package or both, this basically does not do any harm.

However I would uninstall anything that is unneeded or to low in
versionno. , just for the sake of clarity.

Now if it works, enjoy.

If not, we need to find out, what the "java" command does (not) on your
system.

I recall there was a bug.
For example with an installed SUN JRE 1.6, I was not able to even issue
the "java" command, before I repaired a broken link.

kind regards
Eberhard