Hi, I have got a problem:

Before going through my problem, it would be better if you know my
intension which creates the problem:

I am new to networking and want to learn about the port scanning and
deploying servers like mail servers and web servers. For this, I have
got a virtualizer named as 'VirtualBox' using which i can create
virtual machines. So first I created two operating systems out of
which one is the backtrack2 network security suite Linux (comes with
all the necessary network scanning and auditing tools) and other is
openSUSE 10.2 (which I installed to create servers like apache web
server and smtp server). Now I wanted to run a port scan from the
backtrack to openSUSE. For that I would like to know the address where
the scan is to be targeted! So I tried to determine the IP address of
the openSUSE but I could not find out the IP address.

The command 'ifconfig' shows that the eth0 of both the operating
system is with the SAME IP address = 10.0.2.15 . So when I run the
ping or port scan on the system, it scans itself just as if it is
scanning the loopback. If I add another card (virtual one) and then
create another network, it is assigned the address of 10.0.3.15. But I
am unable to ping 10.0.2.15 using that card as the two are completely
un connected. When I use the Virtual Operating System to assign the IP
address to itself, it is disconnected from the actual real system (
i.e. host machine). It is so coz the interfaces need to be configured
ONLY BY DHCP.

How do I make the two OSes appear on the same network? I do not have
the control to assign IP address manuallu out of the virtual machine.
I am stuck!

Is there any way out or not. Kindly help me.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand
binary ... and those who don't!