Jeff Mahoney wrote:
> Jim Flanagan wrote:
> > Hi All,
>
> > On a clean fresh install of oS10.3 done just 3 days ago, I get a notice
> > this morning that I had run out of disk space. Both / and /home in the
> > same partition, a 65GB ext3, freshly formatted. For some reason
> > /home/user/.xsession-errors had grown to about 48GB in size. I don't
> > have a clue as to why that happened, and opening it was taking too long
> > so I just deleted it. I now see a new one with about 1.8KB in size,
> > dated today of course. The only thing I did notice in the way of system
> > activity over the last 2 days was Beagle working overtime, almost
> > continually. Not sure if that is related.
>
> > Anyone know what could have caused this?
>
> Not without the contents of the file. You wouldn't need to examine the
> entire file. It's likely that all the lines are the same.
>
> If it happens again, try tail -100 .xsession-errors instead of trying to
> view the entire file.
>
> -Jeff

Well, after running all day and all night, the file has not grown much
at all. It does seem to change just by opening and closing windows,
konquer etc. Not sure if this will help or not, but here are 2 versions
of the file at different times. I do see some errors but am unsure what
they mean. This might give someone a clue as to what is going on.

xsession-error after up and running all day yesterday, mostly system idle.
http://pastebin.com/m56aa5ba7

xsession-error after running all night after a reboot last night.
http://pastebin.com/m1143521d

In any case I'll keep monitoring and revert back if the thing takes off
like before.

Jim F