Zhang Weiwu schreef:
> Dear all
>
> My friend have finished courses of HTML and CSS (I'd like to say, she
> got it pretty well) and now is able to work out websites with gedit. She
> is starting her web design career. Now I am helping her to find out a
> webside design software for her Linux-based working environment.
>
> Screem and nvu are not good enough for her, she can work with them but
> commercial products like GoLive, Macromedia Dreamweaver should be more
> productive. I also read advertisements from CoffeeCup which also look
> productive. However non of them have Linux version.
>
> nvu is very good for document authors (I use it to work out most of our
> office documents) and simple web page creation, but not complex ones,
> e.g. it's not so easy to create an absolutely positioned <div> in nvu
> and drag it to the place you want. It's more content oriented than
> presentation oriented. In general content oriented websites are better,
> but in practise requirements are usually presentation related.

Quanta plus. Comes with tons of documentation on html, css, Javascript and php.
I like it (a lot) better than Dreamweaver, that produces horrible html on
occasion and more horrible css.
It is infinitely better than Coffeecup.

The other one that comes to mind is Bluefish, but I have no experience with
that.

Regards,

--
Jos van Kan                registered Linux user #152704