Paul Hands wrote:
Use madwifi.  I think it's on the distro disks, but it's for sure on the
community repos.

http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

Thanks for the reference! I went there, found a large number of rpms and took the top one. I thought that it was in the 10.3 distro, as it was in the 10.2 distro, so I assumed that the message I got was not = driver missing. Rather, I thought there was something funny with the kernel.

Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
Last year, I plugged in a Ubiquiti PCI card under SuSE 10.2.  It
recognized the card as one using an Atheros driver. 10.3 does not
recognize the card -- just that there is one.  I plugged the card into
my Dell Inspiron 8600 PCMCI slot, went to Yast2->Network Devices ->
Network settings.  The card was listed as unconfigured "because the
kernel device is not present."  How do I fix this?

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
7330 Kingsbury Boulevard