I had a similar problem installing ESX on a compaq server, problem was that the controller board was not compatible with the drivers loaded on their distro, and there was no driver to fix it, yours sounds more like a corrupted iso, also got something like your problem, once I redownloaded from another server than the original when I got suse, the thing went back to normal