Hello

I have a Wacom Graphire 4 XL and installed it with ease using:
http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/
If you follow the detailed HOWTO you should get it running quite easily.

I am no heavy duty linux geek, although I am able to work in console
and needed it for the wacom. The install is quite easily, athough you
will have to work in console and you will have to use SU (or be root
of course)

Neil