Henk te Sligte wrote:
Hi guys,

I really love the feature that opensuse added to my touchpad, the
vertical scrolling. However, when I installed opensuse 10.3, all of a
sudden, when I moved my finger on the bottom part of the touchpad,
Firefox detected it as horizontal scrolling, and went a page back in
history.

That's not horizontal scroll.

That's "mouse gestures" in Firefox, and it works on ANY
part of the touchpad

> That is really annoying, my touchpad doesn't have a horizontal

Yes, it's VERY annoying.  It happens to me, too,
when using Seamonkey.

scrollbar, and I don't want Linux to act like I have.
I tried disabling it with KSynaptics, but that works only temporarily.
After a reboot, it happens again. YaST lists 3 mouses for me, a
Synaptics Touchpad, an IBM TPPS/2 TrackPoint and a PS/2 Generic Mouse.
Disabling one of these doesn't help, after disabling it and returning to
the Mouse Model configuration page, they are all enabled again.
But I am quite sure it's possible to disable it, opensuse 10.2 didn't
act like this. Do you guys know a solution to disable this annoying feature?

See if there's an option in Firefox to turn off
mouse gestures.

Thanks in advance,

Henk te Sligte