Sid Boyce wrote:
> http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/opensuse10.3.review.html
> Mentions of "for the uninitiated" sounds about right. To sidestep any
> problems with the DVD, I've installed from Factory. Looks like the DVD
> should have been delayed until it was compared with Factory for
> stability.
> I think the reviewer attempted to be fair (he points to the URL to
> show where he is coming from). Perhaps some pertinent pointers for 11.0.
> Regards
> Sid.
http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/opensuse10.3.review.html should be
MUST READING for management at Novell and at openSuSE.org.    It is
eminently fair and for the most part, accurate.   I think any
inaccuracies could be attributable to unfamiliarity rather than bias.
If this reviewer hadn't been what I would call a 'Power-user', and had
instead been someone converting from Windows, not only would they
probably not have had a successful install, but would have an article
that Microsoft would probably have printed in full page ads throughout
the world.   As it is, it should wake up Senior Management in SuSE.

regards
Richard