Ken Schneider wrote:
Aaron Kulkis wrote:

<snip>
I wholeheartedly second this one!  There should definitely be a Yast
central server deal, or at least a way to connect to Yast on each box
from a standard remote client.  Similar to Novell's ConsoleOne which
uses eDirectory as the backend.  ConsoleOne is portable to any
administrator's desktop.
$ xhost +
$ ssh remote_machine -l root
password:

# yast2

Even better:

ssh -X remote_machine -l root
password:

# yast2

Cool.  Due to military call up for service in Baghdad,
I haven't done any admin work in a network environment
in a couple of years.

YaST2 GUI shows on local display in a _secure_ way.

Thanks for the info!

Ken