On Thu, Nov 29, Stephan Hegel wrote:
> Michael Fischer wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 29, Denis Brown wrote:
> >> ASUS P5K motherboard has onboard Jmicron chip.   I could not get 10.1 to
> >> install.   As it happened Ubuntu (7.0.4??) installed fine and I was
> >> content
> >> for a while.
> >
> > How exatly does one figure that out? If it has the Jmicron thing?
> I run in problems with SuSE 10.2 and the ASUS P5K motherboard. Here my
> notes I made at that time how I got it running:
>
>   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Install notes for OpenSuSE 10.2 on a PC with Asus P5B / P5K / P5K-E board.
>   ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>   Possible problem with "Install-CD not found".
>
>   Load the BIOS, pressing DEL just after power it on. Somewhere in the BIOS
>   setup there should be an option for the JMicron drive controller("Onboard
>   Devices" in the P5B BIOS menu). Set it to AHCI mode. Save and exit with
>   F10.
>
>   Re-start the installation process adding in the first boot menu the boot
>   option:
>      insmod=ide-generic insmod=pata_jmicron
>
> As of the JMicron chip: there should be an entry in the BIOS.

Yes, that's the thing from the opensuse Wiki (CD not found).

However, in my case, its a different motherboard, and the recommended
simple solution (use an SATA DVD drive) applies. The drives in question
are

DVD - Pioneer SATA
HD  - WD SATA2
HD  - WD SATA2

Michael, who is puzzled and will try burning and installing the 10.3 image
tonight...
--
Michael Fischer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]