Hi all,

A while back I asked how to start console apps automatically
in a certain konsole session.

I just want share the little script I wrote last night: it
launches the atop utility in an existing session named "Atop".

Might be the general idea behind is useful for somebody out
there. That's why I've put a few more comments in it ...

Rgds,
  Stephan.

-------------- snip here -----------------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
###
### Script to start certain apps in konsole sessions automatically.
###
### Requires the "dcop" utility to be installed and the konsoles must
### be started with the "--script" option to enable extended features
### like sendSession. The sessions must exist already.
###

### Here we go ...

### Looking for all konsoles.
for i in `dcop konsole\*` ; do
   ### Checking if the "sendSession" feature available.
   if [ `dcop $i session-1 functions | grep sendSession | wc -l` -eq 1 ] ; then
      ### sendSession available, continue.
      ### Looking for all sessions.
      for j in `dcop $i | grep session-` ; do
            ### What's the name ?
            NAME=`dcop $i $j sessionName`
            ### If the name matches a predefined session name, launch
            ### the desired application.
            if [ "$NAME" = "Atop" ] ; then
               dcop $i $j sendSession "atop"
            fi

            # if [ "$NAME" = ...
            # add here more names and commands.
            # fi

      done
   else
      ### sendSession not available.
      echo "Konsole $i not started with the \"--script\" option".
   fi
done

exit 0