[EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
It seems there is one major downside to all the disks being "called" scsi devices in 10.3. There are applications that take /dev/scx literally as a scsi disk x. One such application is vmware. This ended being a major problem when i tried to use a raw partition as a physical vmware disk on my laptop. The actual disk is an ide device, but the first partition in my Suse 10.3 install is called /dev/sda1 and that is what it passes to vmware as the actual physical disk. Vmware has for a long time stated that it does not boot from physical scsi devices and thus it keels over when it sees that the raw device is scsi. Is there an easy way to pass the actual partition type to vmware (workstation 4.x or server 1.x) in 10.3 or do i go back to 10.2?
thanks,
d.
Hello,

I use VMware with SuSE for years, now it is VMware 6 with openSUSE 10.3 .
I always boot VMware with physical SCSI drives and it works !
Furthermore, with VMware you can configure so that the first IDE unit is your sdx drive
and it will work. So no problem at all.

Michel.