I had the same kind of problem with oo and OpenSuSE 10.2.
The reason in my case is that oo is not initially configured to print through a
NFS network.

If your document to print is stored on a disk mounted with NFS, then edit the
file

/usr/bin/soffice

and uncomment the two first lines:

#SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
#export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

Hope it can help...

Michel

>Not too long ago a similar question was asked and an answer given. I
>have searched the Suse database/site and mailing list(s), including the
>OpenOffice site, but cannot find the answer - obviously I am not looking
>in the right places nor using the right search words.
>
>I am using Suse 10.2 (and 10.3 on a test bed) but cannot get OO
>(everything upgraded to the latest versions) to print out a document to
>an IBM/Lexmark 4039 12R Plus laser printer.
>
>If I use Kwrite, to create a document and then print it, the printing is
>successfully done in seconds.
>
>Can anyone, please, either tell me what the "fix" is to get OO to print
>out a document or point me to the location where I can get the answer?
>
>(I have a couple of documents which need to be printed out rather
>quickly (but not as a matter of "life or death") so if someone can
>provide a quick answer I would be most grateful.)
>
>Ciao.
>

>Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future.
>

>--

RASQUIN Michel
Doctorant F.R.I.A.
Université libre de Bruxelles