Hans Linux wrote:
> how do i format a external harddisk with suse? I need to format with
> NTFS file system so windows can read/write it

Don't these devices already come formatted for peecee? Is there any
reason you can't use fat32?

Every one I've bought comes with windoze fat32 format, and I've done the
opposite, and reformatted as reiser, since I have no need for windoze to
ever read the disk, and I want full unix semantics for my backups.

If for some reason you need it to be ntfs, and not fat32, you could
always let windoze format it.

Joe