On Saturday 08 December 2007 16:35, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Saturday 2007-12-08 at 14:19 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> [ regarding files whose names contain spaces and other special
>   characters
>
> As a user, I use them. As a programmer, when I write a script, I
> curse myself :-p

Well, I think we're far beyond the point where the parochial "Unix /
Linux is all there is" mentality is tenable. So when writing shell
scripts it really is incumbent upon the author of that script to
accommodate arbitrary file names. It's not really difficult. At worst,
it's a bit tedious, but after you do it for a while, it becomes second
nature when you're in "scripting mode."

> --
> Cheers,
>         Carlos E. R.