On Dec 9, 2007 7:22 PM, James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have installed that and it does not appear to make much difference.
> Also, my understanding was that v2.3 included support for OOXML.  Is
> that package even necessary for the latest version of OpenOffice?  It is
> also an i586 package.  Will it work with 64 bit OpenOffice?

 from the web site I sent earlier:

"product description

The OpenXML Translator provides support for opening and saving
Microsoft* OpenXML-formatted word processing documents (.docx) in
OpenOffice.org.

The odfconverter-1.0.0-2.oxt file works only with Windows, and the
odf-converter-1.0.0-5.i586.rpm file works only on SUSE(R) Linux
Enterprise, SUSE Linux, and openSUSE. On both platforms, the OpenXML
Translator works only with the latest Novell(R) edition of
OpenOffice.org."

I have not had any problems with it. Not sure what might be going on
in your case.

Peter