ka1ifq wrote:
On Saturday 08 December 2007 04:09:30 am Jake Conk wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to my disk space information (total and used) of my RAM
disk file system. I mounted the filesystem like so:

$ mount -t ramfs ramfs /tmp -o size=150m

That works file and everything is working as expected except for df!
When I try to get the disk information with df this is what I get:

Note: I even have to use the -a option in order to see it with these
other dummy file systems or else it wouldn't show up which I find odd
because its not exactly a dummy file system in my opinion... anyways...

I tried everything I can think of to try to get it to work but no luck
so unless someone has a solution I'm open to any hacks or other
solutions. For example, using du to get the amount of space used and
trying to figure out what else I could do to get the total disk size.

Thank you,
- Jake

Is /tmp a reserved name, maybe another mount point?

There are no reserved names for either directories or
files in any Unix or Linux system.

That's a trait of Messy-DOS and related messy operating systems.

 Mike