On Monday 10 December 2007 12:43:03 am Robert Lewis wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2007 9:07 PM, Rajko M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Sunday 09 December 2007 10:48:58 pm Robert Lewis wrote:
> > > I am sure this is a very dumb question but so far I haven't
> > > been able to find a solution.  It is possible that what I want
> > > to do is just silly but I'll ask anyway.
> > >
> > > When I bring up YaST Software Management I notice that packages
> > > that are already installed are highlighted in blue which alerts me that
> > > a newer version is available.  That is very nice, however, I would like
> > > to tell the program to look for all items that have updates and just
> > > display that.  In other words just display the blue lines that denote
> > > updates available.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Bob
> >
> > The best that comes in mind is to click on the first column of the
> > listing. That will sort files by status, and all blue things will be
> > listed in one block.
> >
> > The other option is what I used few minutes ago.
> >   zypper lu -t package
> > it will list only packages, not patches ie. updates from Main Update
> > Repository. To see patches it is used
> >   zypper lu
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Rajko
> > --
>
> Do you mean the little block to the left of "Package" ?

[1] Yes. It was tested with Search and 'kde4' as search term, but with another
option (below) it doesn't work.

> What does one type into the Search field or what
> entry using the pull down in the search field.
> Is it possible to show ALL the updates available?

It is possible to see all packages, not only updates.
Use
Filter: Package Groups
and highlight 'zzz All'.
As [1] doesn't work on 'zzz All' packages the same way as with Search, I used
click on Avail. Ver. column and it sorted packages by version:
1) red - where installed package is newer than available
2) blue - where update is available
3) black - where available version and installed are the same
4) no checkmark - not installed

This would be much easier to sort out looking on columns with version
information.

I hope that this will work.

BTW, any particular reason not to use zypper?
If you want to update all packages without looking what will be updated, than
zypper is solution that offers right that.

--
Regards,
Rajko