Masim "Vavai" Sugianto a écrit :
On 12/11/07, peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi guys,

I got an existing WindowsXP (physical drive access) running on SUSE 10.3
...but it works only as root. *mad*

So the question is with what rights and what access do I have to provide
 a new user let say "virtual" in order to be able to run Windows within
VMWare 6.0 from my physical drive? A common user has not enough rights
to acquire the needed info even on the partition table.

- --
All the best,
                Peter J. N.

I got same experience about this 1 month ago, after 10.3 installation.
After trying some tips and tricks, there is 2 option to solved this
problem:

1. chmod 777 to the VMware images (folder and it's content)
2. Change the author or make the group author to get full access to
the VMware images

Try to logout and re-login to make sure the VMWare setting has been
changed and get the latest update. I don't now why but the trick
worked for me :-).

Hello,

The VMware user has to be in the group "disk" and if not set like that,
you have to run as root:

# chmod 660 /dev/sd*

and all your partitions will be accessed by VMware.

Michel.