Ciro Iriarte wrote:
2007/12/9, Jan Ritzerfeld <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Am Sonntag, 9. Dezember 2007 schrieb Ciro Iriarte:

Hi, once 10.2 was released I installed it on my laptop using  ext3
instead of reiserfs to avoid support issues. Now comes the issue, my
home filesystem has 56GB of which i used 53GB, BUT the free space
states 41MB. So, where are the other 3GB?.
[...]
Ext3 reserves 5% of the available disk space for root. Thereby, it is
ensured that root can log in even if a user "filled" the whole disk.
However, this does not make sense on your seperate home partition since
root does not use it as its home:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ext3_Filesystem_Tips#Reclaim_Reserved_Filesystem_Space

Thanks, already fixed it.

Nonetheless, fillung up a partition above ~85% is considered harmful to
performance due to fragmentation!

Well, it's my laptop (not high end server) and would like to use every
GB I paid for :p

They are being used...to keep your files defragged in real time.