Carlos E. R. wrote:
> I don't know about konqueror, but I tried to print the
> <http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org> link from firefox, and
> the result is simply, horrible.
>
> First page has a single line printed at the top (the page header), then
> nothing.
>
> The second page depicts the central panel if I use the cups printer, and
> starts at "Jobs - Teams" if I use Postscript/default.
>
> So, yes, printing the opensuse web page is indeed broken.

I believe that's a different problem though.

The problem you describe - and which I also see - is invariably caused
by the use of absolute position statements in the CSS in my experience.

The problem benefici described has very different symptoms, which I
believe to be font problems (most likely font metrics, I suspect).

> Printing a page from the wikipedia prints the article only, without the
> graphics - so it seems that wiki pages intercept the print function to
> do printing of what "they" think I want to print. But at least the
> wikipedia prints the article correctly, opensuse doesn't.

This is again CSS. They have different CSS for print media. But the
pictures should be printing. Which page doesn't?

> Printing a page from
> "http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/2.8/ch04s05.html"; is also broken.

Looks OK to me (in print preview)

> The selector to choose print one frame or all or as displayed, is grayed
> out, on all three previous tests.

Those pages don't have frames do they?

Cheers, Dave