dOn Thu, 2007-12-13 at 08:32 -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> Apparently I tried "convert" from ImageMagick and found it lacking.
> My problem was I wanted greyscale tiffs and I was only able to get
> B&W.

I can get color and all. But the quality is terrible compared to what I
see in acroread. Same with gimp. pdftoppm does indeed seem to preserve
what is in the pdf. I wonder why gimp and convert are so bad by
comparison. In fact, they seem to be equally bad. Must share some tool
that the the root cause. But I can be happy with pdftoppm.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB