Aaron Kulkis wrote:
Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
This relates to a problem in OOo Calc in the OOo provided by SuSE. I sent out a plea for help several weeks ago on a matter like this and received no help of consequence -- simply a suggestion that I save the spreadsheet as an excel spreadsheet and then work with that one. No.

Is there a difference between the OOo and th4e SuSE versions of OpenOffice Calc? I am using the SUSE version under 10.3 and find it impossible to do a search of a spreadsheet using arrow keys or a mouse without the damned thing exiting on me, and telling me that the spreadsheet must be reconstituted. Then, when I'm done with the spreadsheet, I get another notice that some fixing must be done and I get a blank text page.

I wonder it it would not be better to simply download the latest OpenOffice.org for Linux and try that.

Routinely download and install the most-up-to-date version
of OpenOffice.org, and it doesn't break anything.

I downloaded and installed the latest OpenOffice.org and changed the necessary file-associations. The problem has gone away. There was something in the SuSE-installed OOo that caused the program to exit when I did a lot of scrolling on the spreadsheet.

--
Best regards,

Dennis J. Tuchler
7330 Kingsbury Boulevard