2007/12/21, Patrik Hasibuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi Charles,
>
> I put the lines:
> > <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/devel/">
> >
> >         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> >         AllowOverride None
> >         Order allow,deny
> >         Allow from all
> > </Directory>
> into file /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.local
> and put:
> Include /etc/apache2/httpd.conf.local into the file
> of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf .
>
> and finally do "rcapache2 restart"
>
> but the the result is still the same:
> Access forbidden!
>
> You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
> read-protected or not readable by the server.
>
> If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
> Error 403
> 192.168.23.176
> Fri Dec 21 19:59:06 2007
> Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE)
>
> Please keep telling me if any other possibilities.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>

> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:52:01 +0800
> "Charles Li" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >  Does it need configure directory's access permision? I'm not sure,
> > just try it. :)
> >
> > <Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/devel/">
> >
> >         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
> >         AllowOverride None
> >         Order allow,deny
> >         Allow from all
> > </Directory>
> >

> > On Dec 20, 2007 3:39 AM, Patrik Hasibuan
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Dear my friends...
> > >
> > > I use opensuse10.2 and apache2. I want to put all of my code into my
> > > external usb harddisk (/media/disk).
> > >
> > > I want to use symbolic link for doing that.
> > >
> > > Here what I've done:
> > > 1. Under the "/srv/www/htdocs/devel" I create a symbolic link this
> > > way: suseonthelap:/srv/www/htdocs # ln
> > > -s /media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek/devel
> > > ./devel
> > > 2.
> > > mkdir
> > > /media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek/devel/tes
> > > 3. I created a very simple HTML code (index.html) and put under
> > > directory:
> > > /media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek/devel/tes
> > > 4.
> > > [EMAIL
> > > PROTECTED]:/media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek>
> > > chmod -Rv
> > > 777 /media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek/devel
> > > mode of
> > > `/media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek/devel'
> > > changed to 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)
> > > mode of
> > > `/media/disk/suseonthelap/suse/rootdir/home/patrikh/arsip/proyek/devel/tes'
> > > changed to 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)
> > > mode of
> [...]

I'm using the following configuration on my apache2 env:

If you want to follow symlink in your web server root dir:
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs">
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
</Directory>

If you want to enable symlink in some subdir of your web server root
<Directory /srv/www/somesubdir/>
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all