David Bolt wrote:
> The reason for the slow development of SLED is because of its target
> environment.
Agreed -

> It's not aimed towards the home user, but more to the
> corporate desktop. That's where it's supposed to "just work", and are
> likely to be maintained by someone other than the user who don't want to
> do much in the way of making things work. The openSUSE releases are
> aimed more towards the home user, and they're more likely to want the
> latest and greatest version of a program.

Actually the SLED target audience may well include home users, and any
non-enthusiast types, e.g. those who want to turn on the computer and
run applications, and have no interest in upgrading to the latest and
greatest, or trying new kernel compilation options.

For real hands-on types OS 10.3 will be a better choice, since it' s
more amenable to hacking.

My company issued laptop is triple boot: SLED 10 SP1, OS 10.3 and that
other OS, so I have the best of both worlds, along with that silliness
from Redmond, which I almost never use ;)

Joe