jdd pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
> I installed Xp in vmware, before having the usb compatible virtualbox :-(
>
> I read in the vb manual that it can open the vmware vmdk files, but when
> I try this it say "no bootable system found"
>
> is there a way to use vmware disks with vbox?
>
> thanks
> jdd

I managed to get a W2K VMware install to boot but I had to run the
"install" repair to do so. I also recommend removing the VMware "tools"
before as well. If you are using a virtual harddisk you only need the
vmdk file which you can copy first to try.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998