On Sunday 23 December 2007, Maura Edelweiss Monville wrote:
> But I do have gcc installed:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/Breathing-Curves-Dir> gcc
> gcc: no input files
>
> Where is the required library on SuSE 10.3 ?   I
> searched for it with Yast but could not find it.

I was able to run the program you mention using a libg2c.so.0.0.0 binary from
an older gcc version. You may find it in this address:
http://rapidshare.com/files/78552337/libg2c.so.0.0.0.html .
After you download it, save it in /usr/local/lib, for instance, run 'ldconfig'
as root and start spectra_st.

I cannot guarantee that it will work 100% perfectly; I have tested it on my
system and was able to launch spectra_st. The proper solution seems to be to
inform the developers of the program that it no longer runs in current linux
distributions. I would also like to suggest that you check the R statistical
package (package R-base in the
http://repos.opensuse.org/science/openSUSE_10.3/ repository), which includes
a number of functions about time series, probably not as specialized as
SSA-MTM though.

Merry Christmas.