Hello:

I would like to install videolan verison of VLC.
When I select it in YAST software manager YAST reports many
conflicts:

#### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2008-01-03 20:51:30
####

No valid solution found with just resolvables of best
architecture.
    With this run only resolvables with the best architecture
have been regarded.
    Regarding all possible resolvables takes time, but can come
to a valid result.
    Conflict Resolution:
        ( ) Make a solver run with ALL possibilities.
vlc cannot be installed due to missing dependencies
    There are no installable providers of libavformat.so.52 for
vlc-0.8.6d-4.3.i586[VLC]
    === vlc-0.8.6d-4.3.i586[VLC] ===
        vlc-0.8.6d-4.3.i586[VLC] will be installed by the user.
        glibc-2.6.1-18.i686 is needed by vlc-0.8.6d-
4.3.i586[VLC] (libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1))
        ncurses-5.6-41.i586 is needed by vlc-0.8.6d-
4.3.i586[VLC] (libncurses.so.5)
    67 more...
    Conflict Resolution:
        ( ) do not install vlc
        ( ) Ignore this requirement just here

#### YaST2 conflicts list END ###

But I have glibc, ncurses and the other indicated packages
installed:
glibc-i18ndata-2.6.1-18.3
glibc-locale-2.6.1-18.3
glibc-2.6.1-18
glibc-devel-2.6.1-18
ncurses-5.6-41
yast2-ncurses-2.15.27-16
libgcc42-4.2.1_20070724-17
libogg-1.1.3-74
xorg-x11-libICE-7.2-61

Why is YAST still missing them?
Why does it report conflicts?

My repositories are located on the hard drive and set up in
YAST as local package repositories.
Can it cause this problem?

TIA,
IG