On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 18:59 +0100, jdd wrote:
> Wolfgang Woehl a écrit :
> > Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008 jdd:
> >
> >> did you try to remove the line yourself in the file or to load the
> >> module manually after booting?
> >
> > jdd, did you actually read my message?
>
> I see:
>
> I simply open a root console, and "modprobe bttv".  Both cards then
> return to service...without having to go into YAST for anything.
>
> so this don't seems to be a stopper. if this IS a workaround it should
> be fine to note it in bugzilla, but I have no tv card to test it

That was me with the modprobe bttv comment...then someone else pointed
out the blacklist issue. I have removed the lines, but have not had to
reboot yet to see if that fixed it.  I agree, it is easily dealt with as
is...at least for me.  I guess it would be a problem if I am not home
and the power fails...the wife would not have root access to restore the
camera system.  I'll reboot tomorrow morning and advise if it then
auto-loads bttv.

Tom in NM