I suppose the reason that OT posts are made here is that no
one reads - or subscribes to - the OT list. Besides, the
subject says OT, so a reasonably decent filter should flush
any OT message for those who detest OT posts.

While on the subject of mail, I use kmail. Opensuse has its
own folder and anything to do with opensuse gets put there.
I then scroll through the messages, scanning the subjects
until I see something interesting - to me -. I scan the contents
on those that I choose to read and, of those, I keep a few tidbits
that might be of help later. Everything else gets flushed. It takes
damn little time to go through the hundred-odd messages a day.
I don't use message threading, so top posting, bottom posting,
comments in the center, none matter to me whatsoever.
No one's posting style has raised my blood pressure, but there
are a few anal retentives here who need to take a deep breath, get
away from the puter and go get laid.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Fred