Doug McGarrett wrote:
> For those dual booting, or otherwise running Windows, I got this
> message on my Linux (only) machine:

<snip>

> http://www.updatew.org/?q=scan
>
> **************************************************** I wouldn't dare
> run this on this Linux machine, nor especially on my Windows machine.
> (It would be interesting to see what it would make of SuSE, but I
> don't think I'm going to find out!)

I've no need to be timid - I'm running linux after all ;)

I visited the site, and like Randall, I was treated to a silly dog and
pony show in which the remote system was "scanning my system" (as IF!),
and found several serious issues. I played along with the gag and
clicked the "remove all" button and up popped a shopping cart and they
were ready to collect my payment info. I cancelled out at that point,
but it was good for a few chuckles.

Joe