Thank you

K.R. Foley escribió:
> Sergio S. wrote:
>> Hello there,
>>
>> I have read on the ati website that in order to install properly the
>> graphics card drivers
>> I need to have enable the posix shared memory feature
>>
>> http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html
>>
>> I followed the instructions below quoted
>>
>>      To enable POSIX Shared Memory on your system, perform the following as
>> root:
>>
>>       1. Add the following line to /etc/fstab (if it isn't there already):
>> tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
>>       2. Mount shared memory as follows: mount /dev/shm
>>       3. Issue the following command to check that it mounted properly:
>> mount | grep "shm"
>>
>>      If the mount was successful, then the following output (or similar)
>> should appear:
>>      tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
>>
>> and the result appeared as it stated above.
>>
>> But after I edited the /etc/fstab file adding that line and having restarted
>> the system
>>
>> the outcome was that the ethernet card was deactivated.
>>
>> On my adsl modem the ethernet light was off, and therefore no internet
>> connection.
>>
>> In the meantime I removed that line from fstab.
>>
>> Any suggestion on how to enable the Posix Shared memory feature and keeping
>> the network card working ?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Sergio
>>

> Unless you are using some OLD version of Linunx. posix shared memory is
> probably already enabled. Type mount and look for /dev/shm.

I am using Opensuse 10.3

I typed mount, and this is the outcome

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> mount
/dev/sda3 on / type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,mode=0620,gid=5)
/dev/sda6 on /home type ext3 (rw,acl,user_xattr)
/dev/sda1 on /windows_C type fuseblk
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)
/dev/sda4 on /windows_D type fuseblk
(rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)

Is any of these lines saying that it's enabled ?

Thanks

S.