Cristian Rodríguez a écrit :
jdd escribió:
so making a light version would be
a no work process.

A "no work process" are you serious ? mantaining an LTS version pretty much involves hiring/creating a whole new team, mantaining and stable system running old software is a hell lot of work.

what makes you think it would be a piece of cake ?

it would be a no work process only for Novell who already do the job. I should only be a script to login with reduced rights on one SLES system

one say it can be done by each one (and it's like this that many people do), this show it's not so hard... for real IT professional, what I'm not :-(

As I see it, Novell should compare a professional install versus a personal one. Flag where the SLES price is spent (why is SLED so expensive versus SLED) and see if they can make a personal (SLEDP - P for "Personal") version much cheaper with little cost.

But as I said, one can look at the already working LTS of the competitor and see if the bussines model is viable, I don't *require* anything.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net